Friday, February 27, 2015

Winter II

My artsy-fartsy shot of the lake with a layer of snow over the ice.
   I like the snow.  I really do.  I even like the ice, when I am on foot.  However, these multiple layers that the East Coast has been blasted with destroyed plans either by restricting traffic, or by parks and parking areas not being open.  Also, the recent and constant below-freezing temps play havoc with the slightest moisture trapped inside geocaches, making log-retrieval impossible without damaging the goods.


   So my quest has been brought to a stand-still for the past week and a half.  This should be the end of Winter.  Today and tomorrow should be the last two days of this arctic simulator.  March looks astonishingly ice-free and I hope to get to the Fat Man and Little Boy of Philadelphia parks:  Wissahickon Park and Pennypack Park.  I'm also hopeful that in between those I'll get to New Jersey's Pine Barrens to get the cobwebs off my body and ride the bike a tad.  Bike = more caches per hour, so I am looking forward to that.  I do like the snow and the winter landscapes, but now I want to see some green again.


No comments:

Post a Comment