Friday, March 13, 2015

Camden Waterfront


   I had some business in Camden, New Jersey near the campus area, which is near the waterfront area, so I popped down to see if I could snag any of the four high-favorited caches.  The one I was looking for in the image above is called SJCC: Greenbrier which has nothing to do with the Battleship New Jersey in the background:

America's most decorated Battleship is now the area's most exciting museum, open for tours, events and overnight encampments. Exploring “BB62” is experiencing history in a whole new way.
 ship

  Well, damn.  I wish I was there during open hours for the walk-in tour.  That thing is a bad-ass looking warship.  I found the cache, but I didn't have a working pen, so I took a picture of it to send to the CO as proof.  It was rated a difficulty of a 3, but the coordinates seemed pretty spot on for me.  I guess things would be different if it was the middle of the summer, with this place crammed with people.  When I was younger, the lot of us would take the river ferry from Penn's Landing in PA to this waterfront to the Tweeter Center to go to concerts.  Plus, the Adventure Aquarium is nearby, and the whole Philadelphia skyline is always nice for a good photo or two.

Nothing wrong with a quick tug.

Intimidating.

The Ben Franklin Bridge ($5 goddamn dollars to get back!)

An unfettered shot of Philadelphia.

   I did try to record a few things, but it was WAY too windy.  Blow-over-tripod windy and pick-up-nothing-but-wind-on-the-mic windy.  So I recorded the wind.


   There was also a simple cache located behind the Adventure Aquarium, which is usually kicking it no matter what season it is,  I took a quick pic of the line before heading around to snag the cache and maybe some footage for the Main Entry, which I should really get to work on.

Any geocachers here?

   There are four caches in the area, and I certainly would like to return here when the weather is more forgiving on the electronics.  For now, I'll settle on just having the ground dry out.

No comments:

Post a Comment